CDA Property Tax Bill
Property owners may find it stressful to keep track of their property taxes. The majority of people either know nothing or very little about how to pay taxes. As the leading property portal in Pakistan, we have always worked to give our valued readers the most recent real estate-related information. As such, we are bringing a thorough guide on the CDA Property Tax Bills, that will assist Islamabad residents in organizing their taxes and provide answers to some of their most frequently asked questions.
Before we get started, let’s quickly review what is property tax and the duties of CDA and what it accomplishes for Islamabad’s citizens.
You can Check your latest bill of : MEPCO , IESCO , LESCO , PESCO , HESCO , GEPCO , QESCO , SEPCO , TESCO , FESCO.
Landowners are required to pay a set amount of money each year in property tax to the government. These taxes are collected to provide funding for the government. Your tax money is invested in infrastructure development, the purchase of commodities, etc.
Additionally, only your house is not covered by the property tax. The term “property” refers to all forms of tangible things you own, such as any plots registered in your name, homes, businesses, farms, etc. To learn more about this massive industry, you should subscribe to real estate YouTube channels. Real estate marketing trends include property tax, trends in real estate, and many more.
Tax Year in Pakistan
There are 12 months in a tax year. The order of tax months is different, though. The tax year runs from July 1 to June 30 of the following year. For instance, the Pakistani property tax year for 2021 began on July 1 and will expire on June 30, 2023.
The Capital Development Authority is the principal civic body in charge of town planning, construction, and maintenance in Islamabad’s capital city, same like the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) in Lahore and the Rawalpindi Development Authority (RDA) in Rawalpindi.
According to the CDA Ordinance of 1960, it is also in charge of the municipality, which includes maintaining cleanliness, supplying commodities, and offering the citizens of the city access to high-quality medical and educational facilities. To maintain uniformity in the development and growth of the painstakingly planned metropolis, CDA also collaborates with other agencies including the Metropolitan Corporation Islamabad and the Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) Administration.
اپنا بل چیک کرنے کے لئے نیچے دیے گے بٹن کو پریس کریں
Payment of CDA Property Tax Online
1. The CDA has partnered with top commercial banks to enable residents of Islamabad to pay CDA property tax bill online, as well as water and related fees, online, in keeping with the government of Pakistan’s Ease of Doing Business policies.
2. To pay CDA property tax, you must go to the official CDA website and choose the ‘E-Services’ button in the top navigation bar in order to view your most recent CDA property tax bill online. Next, select “Property Tax Bill” from the drop-down option to be taken to a different website. After entering your 10-digit customer number, press the “Submit” button. That’s how you can pay property tax online
3. Unfortunately, only MCB bank customers are able to use MCB Internet Banking to pay property tax online.
4. To pay property tax in Pakistan of CDA property tax bills at a few locations that CDA has designated. To pay your taxes, go to one of the following branches.
|NIB Bank||Razia Sharif Plaza, G-7/F-7|
|Allied Bank Limited (ABL)||G-7, G-9, G-10, G-11, I-8/3, I-9, I-10, I-11 (F&V Market), F-8, F-10, F-11|
|First Women Bank (FWB) Limited||G-9, AIOU, Jinnah Avenue|
|Habib Bank Limited (HBL)||Civic Centre, F-7, Jinnah Avenue|
|United Bank Limited (UBL)||Civic Centre, Aabpara, G-8 Markaz, F-6|
|Muslim Commercial Bank (MCB)||CDA Secretariat|
|Askari Bank||All branches in Islamabad|
|Bank of Khyber||Jinnah Avenue|
Issuance of CDA Property Tax Bills
Every year, on or before August 15, CDA issues the property tax bills. If a homeowner doesn’t receive the bill, they can request a duplicate from the Directorate of Revenue or go to the website. Buildings with multiple units are charged on a prorated basis.
Additionally, up until September 30th, CDA permits a 5% credit on current property tax payments. After the end of the fiscal year, householders will be required to pay a non-waivable 1.5% annual fee on any unpaid taxes.
Property Tax Exemption for CDA
Those who meet the requirements listed below may be totally or partially exempt from paying their property tax.
- One residential home or apartment that the owner or his family (including his parents) owns and uses for their personal occupancy: 50% reduction
- One residence owned by a widow, either a home or an apartment: 100% exemption is available for plots up to 240 square yards. The person must not be the owner of any other built property in Pakistan in order to qualify for the exemption. In addition, after a widow’s passing, the exemption will also be given to her unmarried daughters and minor boys.
- One residential home or apartment that is owned, co-owned, and occupied by a former public servant. If the person has no other property in Pakistan, the exemption will only be possible. A retired government employee’s surviving spouse and minor children will likewise be qualified for the exemption in the event of their death.
- The homeowner must submit a notarized affidavit or a simple declaration for each year in order to qualify for the CDA property tax exemption, and the document must be signed and attested by the Director of Revenue, Deputy
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the procedure if I missed my due date of payment?
In case of non-payment or non-receipt, you may contact the Directorate of Revenue for the CDA Duplicate bill and you can also visit the website for further confirmation i.e., www.cda.gov.pk.
Can I submit a request if related to bill correction or any other inquiry?
Yes, you can post a request regarding bill correction online or any other issues in submission.
Can I pay the bill via money order or cheque?
You may also pay your CDA property tax by sending a cheque or money order made out to the CDA Director of Revenue.
CDA Property tax bill is easy to pay online by registering yourselves to their official website and login in to pay the property tax bills. Online payment brought innovation to provide ease to consumers. In this blog, you will find useful information about the payment methods and rules so that you cannot face hustle in the future.